There are many templates in use in Omega Group Wiki and these are only subset, representing some of the most important and commonly used ones. If you feel that a template belongs on this page, do not hesitate to add it.
- Category:Templates should list all templates in the wiki, categorized into the various subcategories.
- The Template namespace always has all templates in the wiki, unsorted.
What are templates? Edit
Wiki templates provide a means to insert the same content over and over in different (or the same) pages. This saves editors the hassle of duplicating the same text again and again, and also helps ensure consistency.
Templates are generally shown with the format required to use the template (i.e.
stub). Clicking the template name takes you to the template's page, where you can see what it looks like and how it is used.
Detailed instructions on the usage of each template should exist either on the template page, or the template's talk page.
Nominate an article for deletion Edit
- Add this to an article to nominate it for deletion. It will add the article to Category:Candidates for deletion.
Disambiguation articles Edit
- If you have several articles that have similar or identical names, you may wish to create a "disambiguation" page at the main article name, with the articles taking an extra phrase in brackets afterwards. For example:
- For more information, see disambiguation on Wikipedia.
- Using disambig marks an article as a disambiguation page by adding a banner to the article and categorizing it under Category:Disambiguations. Add links to the various articles under the banner.
- When a page has little or no useful information, then it is likely a stub. This template will include them in Category:Article stubs, and is used to list which articles need expanding.
General category template Edit
- This can be added to categories to add general categorising details. Use in cases where it may be useful to point out to users how to categorise, such as popular categories.
Template category template Edit
- This should be added to any template-related categories, to list template-specific categorising details (these are different to those of normal pages).
clr, plus clrl and clrr
- This template is used to reduce the amount of non-wikicode used on pages, replacing the code
<br style="clear:both;" />. Its use should generally be avoided.
- You can use clr instead of the HTML tag that clears space below things like images, pictures and tables, so the following stuff doesn't begin until the bottom of the image, picture or table box.
- You can also use clrl or clrr to clear only left or right floats.
- Use at the top of articles as a simple "for x see y" template.
Main article Edit
- Use at the start of a section to link to the main article on it.
- A template that should be used to head up all Project:Sandbox pages.
T is for template Edit
- This template allows you to show example template code (with a link to the templates) without using the template itself. It is used extensively on this page.
- A template to welcome new users with. Should be customized for the wiki.
- Wikipedia-related templates. Use wikipedia for articles taken directly from Wikipedia, and wikipedia-deleted for articles deleted from Wikipedia.